/ Modified aug 24, 2023 1:51 p.m.

Oro Valley transit services division launches a new online passenger portal

The portal is not an app but can be accessed via desktop, tablet, or mobile devices.

Oro Valley Roadsign 2 Hero

The new Passenger Portal is designed to make reservations easier by setting up rides online.

The portal is not an app but can be accessed via desktop, tablet, or mobile devices.

In addition to reserving your ride online, you are able to view upcoming rides you have booked, track the locations of buses, and view the estimated time of arrival for pick-up and drop-off locations.

Although the portal allows passengers to reserve rides online, riders still have the option to call Transit Services to make reservations.

Passengers are also able to cancel and reschedule their ride on the portal if it is 24 hours before their ride. If the ride is in the 24-hour period, the passenger is able to call the reservation office to do so at 520-229-4990.

The Transit Services Division will hold two town meetings for its citizens to familiarize themselves with the updated Passenger Portal at the Oro Valley Library.

The first meeting will be held on August 30th from 2- 4 p.m. and the second one will be held on August 31st from 4-6 p.m.

The Town of Oro Valley was awarded a grant in June 2021 from the Arizona Department of Transportation to implement the portal. The total cost of the project was $75,730, 80% of which was covered by the grant while the other 20% was covered by Oro Valley.

By posting comments, you agree to our
AZPM encourages comments, but comments that contain profanity, unrelated information, threats, libel, defamatory statements, obscenities, pornography or that violate the law are not allowed. Comments that promote commercial products or services are not allowed. Comments in violation of this policy will be removed. Continued posting of comments that violate this policy will result in the commenter being banned from the site.

By submitting your comments, you hereby give AZPM the right to post your comments and potentially use them in any other form of media operated by this institution.
AZPM is a service of the University of Arizona and our broadcast stations are licensed to the Arizona Board of Regents who hold the trademarks for Arizona Public Media and AZPM. We respectfully acknowledge the University of Arizona is on the land and territories of Indigenous peoples.
The University of Arizona